In MemberPress there is only one correct way to cancel a users subscription.
- Navigate to the WordPress Dashboard > MemberPress > Subscriptions page.
- Make sure that you are in the 'Recurring' tab (Non-Recurring subscriptions cannot be cancelled).
- Search for the Subscription using the Search tool on the page, or by browsing.
- Hover over the unique Subscription ID for the Subscription in the 'Subscription' column.
- Verify that you are cancelling the correct Subscription (this process is irreversible).
- Click the 'Cancel' Link.
- Click 'OK' on the Pop-up after verifying you are cancelling the correct subscription.
Helpful hint: if you would like to refund the user's latest transaction AND cancel their subscription at the same time, please checkout the steps outlined here in the 'Through the Subscriptions Page' subsection (click the 'Refund & Cancel' link in step 5 instead of clicking the 'Refund' link).
If you are already on the MemberPress > Subscriptions page as explained in Step 1 above, you can review this gif for how to correctly cancel a Subscription:
For this process to work correctly, your gateway must be setup correctly first.
If you are using PayPal Standard as your gateway, Advanced Mode needs to be correctly configured in order to utilize this functionality of MemberPress. To review setting up Advanced Mode in PayPal Standard, please visit this page.
If you would like to know how users can cancel their Automatically Recurring Subscriptions (again, one-time payment type subscriptions cannot be cancelled), please see the 'Manage their subscriptions' subsection on this page.