How to Update MemberPress
When we release a new version of MemberPress you should be notified in your dashboard that an update is available. You can automatically upgrade it like any other Plugin.
If for some reason the automatic upgrade is not an option for you, you can upload the new version following these steps:
- Download the latest stable version (.zip file) from your account page
- Login to the WordPress dashboard on your site
- Head to Plugins then Deactivate and Delete the currently installed version of MemberPress*
- Next go to Plugins -> Add New -> Upload
- Choose the .zip file on from your computer for the MemberPress version you're upgrading to
- Click Install Now
- Click Activate Plugin
ATTENTION: Starting from WordPress version 5.5, you can skip step 3. It is no longer necessary to deactivate and then delete the MemberPress plugin.
Instead, you continue with step 6 and after the upload completes, you'll get a screen like this one:
Then, simply click the Replace current with uploaded button and your MemberPress version will be replaced and will remain activated so you can skip step 7 as well.
That's all, you've completed the update of your MemberPress plugin. :-)
*NOTE: All data is stored in the database. No data or settings will be lost when Upgrading.