Configuring & Troubleshooting our HelpScout Addon
Our Help Scout add on will allow you to see useful membership information on the right sidebar when your users send you support tickets through Help Scout. You can easily set it up by following these steps:
Step 1 - Install HelpScout Add-on
- Go to MemberPress -> Activate -> Add-Ons to install and activate the add-on.
- Then navigate to your MemberPress Options page -> General Tab where you'll be able to find your HelpScout Callback URL and Secret Key. Here is an image to help you know what you'll do with these in later steps:
- Note from the image below that you need to enter in your own unique HelpScout Secret Key.
- Save the Settings.
Step 2 - Configure in HelpScout
- Then go to HelpScout > Manage > Apps > Build a Custom App.
- Next, click Create App on the left.
- Give it a name and then Choose Content Type = Dynamic Content
- Then enter the URL and secret key from the screenshot above in step one.
- Choose which MailBoxes to connect it to, and Save, after it looks like this:
- Then to finish, click "Create App"
The Final Result
After you have followed those steps, when viewing your emails in HelpScout you'll see this on the right-hand side of the page if the customer's email address matches the email address of a Member in your MemberPress website.